Friday, December 11, 2009

High Iso Point And Shoot Camera Underrated Q: Why Do I Need A Digital SLR While Most Digital Point&shoot Cameras Have Manual Settings For ISO & Aperture?

Q: Why do I need a Digital SLR while most digital point&shoot cameras have manual settings for ISO & aperture? - high iso point and shoot camera underrated

I am planning a trip to Tanzania safaris. A digital camera is not easy. Provided, however, between a digital SLR (DSLR) and a standard digital point and shoot (P & S) camera, I find it hard to justify the cost of digital SLR cameras.

Film SLR offers 2 advantgaes about P & S cameras: a) lenses, and b) Images of WYSIWYG.

With P & S cameras do much these days, we have P & S zoom cameras have a distance of more than 400 mm (eg considering the difference between 1.6 and 35mm-format digital CCD - 10x standard Zoom optial in a typical P & S digital camera offers a 400 mm zoom). With the added image stabilization to P & S cameras, I see a clear advantage in the digital SLR cameras.

So, if I must choose a camera, S & P to:

1) or more 10x optical zoom
Image Stabilization 2)
3) manually setting the ISO, aperture and shutter speed
4) optical zoom goes faster
5) the minimal shutter lag

Why do I need a digital SLR camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment